LML will be holding auditions on Friday October 14th for our upcoming production of The Mystery Plays by Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa. Details:
- THE MYSTERY PLAYS
- Playwright: Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa
- Director: Madelyn Osborne
- Production Dates: December 6th – 10th, 2016
- Audition Date: Friday, Oct 14th, 6-10pm
- Audition Address: TBA
- Requires: 2 women 30+, 2 men 18-35, 1 role open gender open age.
- Notes: Actors play multiple characters. Open ethnicity. All submissions will be considered, however unfortunately not every actor will be seen.
- Contact: Send photo and resume to Mark at email@example.comThe Mystery Plays is two interrelated one acts. In THE FILMMAKER’S MYSTERY, Joe Manning, a director of horror films, survives a terrible train wreck—As the police investigate Joe, he investigates one of the dead passengers. In GHOST CHILDREN, Abby Gilley, travels home to make peace with the man who brutally murdered her family, her older brother. Like the original medieval mystery plays,THE MYSTERY PLAYS wrestles with the most profound of human ideas: the mysteries of death, the afterlife, religion, faith, and forgiveness.Roles:
- Nathan West (Male 30’s): A handsome and very charming neurologist who after his death persuades Joe into figuring out just who Nathan West really is.
- Ben Gilley (Male 17): An intense and confused young man who murdered his family.
- Mister Mystery (Open age and gender): Ringmaster and crypt keeper of these tales.
- Abbey Gilley (Female, 30): An attorney trying to make peace with her murderer brother
- Amanda Urbane (Female, 45+): A New York agent sprinkled with stereotypes.