Accepting applications now until November 6th for the following positions: Assistant to the Director, Assistant Stage Manager and Assistant Music Director.
Little Mountain Lion Productions is seeking participants for a mentoring opportunity for youth aged 15-24. LML’s Mr.Burn’s: A Post-Electric Play will run from April 3rd-21st at Studio 1398 on Granville Island with auditions and pre-production starting November 2017.
Mr. Burns: A Post-Electric Play: America has fallen, the power grids are gone, humans are on the edge of extinction and the world is ending… now what? In the not-too-distant future, a group of survivors huddle around a campfire trying to retell a Simpsons episode from memory. As the acts roll on, years pass, and we see the effects of pop culture and storytelling and what truly keeps us together in the darkest of times. Mr.Burns is filled with Simpsons references, pop culture quips, musical numbers, and attempts to survive, and shows us the community that evolves when life as we know it stops.
- Assistant to the Director: Youth seeking to learn more about the casting, rehearsal and directing process and all the things that happen on the other side of the table.
- Assistant Stage Manager: Youth seeking to learn about working as a stage manager in an indie theatre company, assisting with both pre-production and the rehearsal process.
- Assistant Music Director: Youth seeking to learn about directing music in a theatrical setting (including musical rehearsals, collaboration with director and stage manager, etc.)
What we can offer:
- Hands-on learning from experience both behind the scenes and in the rehearsal hall
- An opportunity to be a part of, and contribute creatively to, an indie theatre production
- An opportunity to work in a state-of-the-art black box theatre
- Individual mentorship and professional career-planning advice
- Professional references for future paid work
- Fulfilment of school volunteer hour requirements (if applicable)
- Complimentary tickets to opening night
If interested, please email your resume and a cover letter outlining what interests you about the project and what you would be interested in learning.
Assistant to the Director applications should be emailed to madelynow[at]gmail[dot]com with the subject line: Mr.Burns AD Application – (Your Name).
Assistant Stage Manager applications should be emailed to diana_bartosh[@]yahoo[dot]ca with the subject line: Mr.Burns ASM Application – (Your Name).
Assistant Music Director applications should be emailed to katerina.gimon[at]gmail[dot]com with the subject line: Mr.Burns AND Application – (Your Name).
Deadline is November 6th. Interviews will be held second week in November. Please note due to the high volume of submissions, only successful applicants will be contacted no later than November 10th. If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to the contact under your discipline or firstname.lastname@example.org